Monday, January 3, 2011

Hubris, Arrogance, and Narcissism in Unprecedented Amounts

That must be what I had been feeling when I decided to undergo a full diet overhaul just before the holidays.  Between the tastings with our caterer, Italian Christmas Eve dinner (literally seven courses), delicious Christmas dinner, and a New Year's with the boys - who eat a lot, and often - I may not have given the FBD the best go at things. 

My first clue was a conversation I had with my lovely Grandmother, who had to ask me five different times how my weight watching was going.  It took that long for me to realize that:
1) I had put my aspirations for a 135 pound figure out on the Internet for public consumption.
2) Because of this fact, she was being neither cheeky nor invasive by asking, but simply interested in my progress and most importantly
3) Clearly the work necessary for such a full-body transformation was too far from my mind. 

So in the spirit of the 2011 clean slate, I'm giving it another go, beginning with the Anti-Bloat 4-day overhaul.  I have, however, re-committed to following things to the T. 

This is the line-up: 

While Whole Foods didn't have everything I needed, I was able to construct four 300 calorie meals for the next four days.   I've been sure to script an Excel spreadsheet complete with my day-to-day meals, and will be on the scale bright and early tomorrow morning.  My return to Manhattan has predictably shamed me into several days of yoga and lighter meals, so I should be close to the 148 measurements I saw when I began around a month ago.  One very exciting fact (because, let's face it, the next four days will be pretty bland) is that my bill was only:



So even now, Whole Foods doesn't have to be as expensive as typically expected. 

2011 promises to be a year of firsts.  I am learning that in order for this to also be the year I break the 140lb mark in my 20s, it will also have to be at least a month or so of tailoring my social life, putting my eating and yoga on the front burner, and taking time to give this metamorphosis the attention it needs.  Stay tuned for the more regular updates (one of the many New Year's Resolutions I'll be attempting to implement in this new decade.)  Stay tuned...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment