Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Good Thing I Left LA...

...before I got soft.  Because would I be in trouble.

Rewind to last Wednesday morning at 8:15.  There's a knock at the door and my very tall, broad ManFriend sends me to answer it.  How heroic.  "Make sure you look in the peephole!" he advises from the warmth of the bed. 

"Police!  Open up!" 

Awesome. 

Long story short - apparently a man on the floor above us kidnapped a transvestite who then escaped and alerted the police to the fact that this man had a large number of grenades in his apartment.  (Cue The Jersey Shore jokes...)  I suppose to take advantage of the element of surprise, NYPD thought 8AM would be the prime time to charge. 



Fast forward to today, walking home from yoga, I found myself surrounded by a large shadow.  Not particularly odd given the setting.  (As my fifth grade students can tell you, setting = time and place.  Time for this - 8:45PM.  Place - New York City.  Shadow - not unusual.)  Also, we had just suffered the Snow-Pocalypse so a shadow of snow was not out of the question. 

Was it snow?  An amazing, beautiful building?  Nope - it was trash.  Piles and piles of trash as tall as I am.  And running in front of my path was my nightmare - two rats. 



Really, New York?!  Really?!  I love you the most, but today it's for the reason that I loved my crew coach - you're making me tougher.

Quick FBD update - Day 2 of the Anti-Bloat phase.  I weighed in a whole half pound lighter this morning than I had the morning prior (the initial day) was 150.  I'm two 100% mastery days in as of tonight.  As always, stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment