Sunday, December 19, 2010

Lack-luster

It's Sunday, and I've mastered the Anti-Bloat piece of the FBD with about 80% accuracy - if I had a dieting IEP, I would have met this goal.  The only two hiccups came in the evening, when invited to delicious places with friends.  Tuesday, Tall Friend and I had Pies and Thighs in Williamsburg.  The ultimate thing that may deter my success in my pursuit for a sleeker me is this very fact - I will always choose good time with friends.  And, frankly, if that's what stands in my way, that may be something I just have to accept.  However, I was feeling great at the end of Day 4 on Friday (I completed an additional, less successful day on Saturday as penance for straying on Tuesday) as I was weighing in at 145.5 lbs.  3 pounds in 4 days felt really great.

Something must have happened yesterday, however.  It was a pretty typical Saturday, both eating and events-wise.  Saturday school, nap, SoHo for Christmas shopping, then a delightful mani-pedi followed by tacos and guacamole at Mercadito Cantina.  Perfection - and full of avocados, which according to the FBD, are a great thing.  I know, obviously, that eating these high-fat, high-calorie fruits should come with moderation, so that may be where I went wrong, but when I awoke this morning and stepped on my scale, I was back to 148.5.  My waist is indeed an inch smaller and the book touts that water weight should be discounted.  But as someone always concerned with my size and how I feel, I don't actually feel 148.5 lbs big. 

Today will necessitate more reading, as well as a menu design to be sure that I go into the 1600 calorie stage prepared.  I started the morning with a 410 calorie oatmeal with walnuts - I feel really full, so perhaps that's a good sign.  As I plug along, I'll have to get back into the yoga, and keep trying on those thigh high socks I want so desperately to sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment